Director of Operations
Title21 Health Solutions, a leading provider to the Health and Life Science domain, is seeking a Director of Operations at its Pleasanton, CA location to facilitate the delivery of world-class digital solutions. The Director of Operations is responsible for providing operational leadership for the Professional Services Team in the deployment of Title21 Cellular Therapy solutions into the customer environment, while supporting existing customer successes. This position requires the ability to establish comprehensive understanding of the Title21 Cellular Therapy (CT) Platform and Enterprise Quality Management systems, mastering the requirements of the cellular therapy manufacturing, blood and marrow transplant, and clinical business domains; and providing leadership for multi-disciplinary teams tasked with successful software deployments. This position will report to the CEO.
Responsibilities - The Director of Operations is responsible for:
- Delivering customer delight with a patient-centric mindset.
- Ensuring on-time, on-budget, in-scope implementation.
- Providing leadership in furthering the Title21 Culture of Performance through example, mentoring, coaching, training, accountability metrics and reinforcement.
- Ensure that all client deliverables and project milestones are met with multiple projects and deployment teams.
- Providing overall organizational level leadership as well as day-to-day management, coordination, priority-setting of overall business operations for the Title21 Professional Services Team (PST).
- Developing, monitoring and ensuring product deployment and service quality standards exceed customer expectations.
- Overseeing the execution of software deployments in the Cellular Therapy and other biologic and drug manufacturing domains.
- Developing, planning, implementing, managing and monitoring the execution of approved operational and company growth plans.
- Leading and managing a team of direct reports that include Solutions Architects, Project Managers\Coordinators, Business Analysts and Technical Support staff.
- Fostering a collaborative work environment to achieve employee engagement and arrive at best solutions.
- Overseeing on-going customer support processes.
- Ensuring PST resources are deployed effectively, efficiently and productively.
- Gathering, analyzing, interpreting and presenting PST metrics to Senior Management including KPI’s, revenue, customer delight and budget performance, etc.
- Facilitating and overseeing documentation of business workflows and practices, including SOC and Quality Management systems.
- Advising Title21 senior management of identified opportunities, strengths, weaknesses, and threats in the Title21 strategic domains.
- Overseeing development, maintenance, revisions, adherence and continuous improvement to corporate policies and procedures for the Professional Services Team.
- Collaborating with Finance department to develop budgets and financial plans up to 3-5 years out. Monitor performance against plans and take corrective actions as needed to achieve financial targets.
- Managing relationships with external customers.
- Developing and executing Resource Planning and managing the Professional Service Team HR/staffing needs including staff recruiting and hiring, ensuring high employee engagement and a results-driven team, providing real-time employee performance feedback, preparing and conducting employee evaluations\reviews and performance plans, creating and monitoring individual employee development plans, promotions, overseeing employee training (and performing training as necessary), performing employee remediation, etc.
- Keeping up-to-date on regulations, relevant technologies, clinical domains and workflows, etc.
Accountabilities - The Director of Operations is accountable to the CEO for the following:
- Business operations financials meet both customer and company goals.
- Developing and achieving operational strategic goals in support of overall organization goals and strategies.
- Delivering Professional Services projects that are on-time, on budget and within scope (per Statement-of-Work).
- Meeting budgetary (both revenue and expenses) targets for the Professional Services Team as well as their respective Projects.
- Ensuring the efficient and smooth operation of the Professional Services Team and their workflows.
Required Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable and successful experience of at least 3-5 years (but not to exceed 7) in the role of Director of Operations (or in a similar capacity) in managing day-to-day operations for a software solutions organization which deploys their products into the customer environment. Note: Experience managing software projects for internal organizational use does not satisfy this skill requirement.
- Demonstrable experience in each of the above responsibilities and accountabilities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong financial acumen and experience developing budgets, tracking variances and implementing remedial actions to meet financial targets.
- Strong technical background, with demonstrable and in-depth knowledge of
- Healthcare or Life Sciences Software Systems such as EMR\EHRs, LIMs, QMS, ELNs, LMS, EBRs, etc.
- Software Development Life Cycle using Agile\SCRUM methodologies
- Software Validation practices
- Commercial cloud service infrastructures (e.g. Azure, AWS, etc.)
- A career track showing progressive and increasing responsibilities.
- Demonstrable experience and ability to communicate, articulate and effectively present organizational strategies, technological roadmaps, product attributes, differentiators and benefits to C-Suite audiences.
- Working knowledge of Data Analytics/Analysis and performance metrics.
- Strong technical skills as well as strong leadership traits and capabilities.
- Strong familiarity with applicable regulations and standards including relevant FDA, AABB, FACT, ISCT and related requirements.
- Working knowledge of labor regulations and guidelines.
- Experience in developing budgets and business plans.
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams in high-profile projects (with external customer team members), resolving project road-blocks, and achieving project objectives.
- Effective decision-making skills.
- Strong familiarity using common project support tool sets including project management systems, SharePoint, defect tracking, time tracking, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Domain expertise and strong familiarity with the requirements and workflows in one or more of the following areas, is highly desirable:
- Standard of Care and IND clinical workflows within BMT Programs (Case Management, BMT Lab, Post Infusion).
- Cell and Gene Therapy Labs protocols\workflows, including experience in protocol development and translational efforts in the support of Phase I and Phase II trials.
- Biologic or Drug manufacturing, especially with regard to processes development and support systems (e.g. Master Batch Record development, Resource Planning, Inventory, etc.).
- Learning Management in clinical or manufacturing environments.
- Quality Management support systems (Document Control, Error Management, etc.)
- Related clinical systems such as LIMS, ELNs, Electronic Batch Records, etc.
- Familiarity and/or experience with software interoperability and instrument integration and operability using HL7 and similar protocols.
- Familiarity with Windows based technology stacks including authentication, remote access/VPNs, TCP/IP, security protocols, etc.
- Familiarity with FormsNet3 and CIBMTR.
- Familiarity and experience using with various aspects of SQL systems (e.g. MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, etc.).
- Geographically local candidates (in the San Francisco East Bay) are preferred.
Required Personal Traits
- Highly ethical professional with strong core values.
- A personal and passionate commitment to furthering the fight against cancer.
- Strong, transparent leadership skills.
- Outstanding mentoring capabilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Positive mindset and open to leaning from failures.
- Highly organized and effective with a great attention to detail.
- Enjoy leading a team of enthusiastic, talented professionals; enjoying a collaborative environment is essential.
- A strong sense of urgency with a bias for action and the ability to be agile in a high growth, fast-paced environment.
- An excellent ability to simplify complex concepts and reconcile competing goals.
- Strong desire and ability to learn and apply new learning, openly state what he/she does not know, learn it and apply it,
- Ambitious and desire to take on more responsibilities in new areas.
- Self-starter, reliable, conscientious, hard-working, customer-focused team member.
- High energy, results-driven, great outlook and perspective, and true grit.
- Candidates will be able to demonstrate a progression of increasing operational responsibilities in organizations that deploy software and support existing customer software installations.
- This position will require approximately 15%- 20% travel.
- This job description does not cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
Minimum 4-year degree in Business, Management, Technology or similar degree. Master’s degree (e.g. MBA or similar is desirable).
Full-Time Employment; Non-Exempt. Candidates must be authorized to work in the US. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
Title21 Health Solutions provides a highly competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision plan
- 401(k) with company match and 100% Immediate Vesting
- Paid Holiday/Vacation/Personal days
- Life Insurance/Disability Insurance